Aviary Beauty Wax Care:
- Personal hygiene rules! Please bathe and or freshen up before your Brazilian, bikini or body wax treatment.
- Skip the lotions and potions! Do not apply self-tanners, body sprays, deodorants and other topical creams before your appointment.
- Let it grow out! If you have been shaving, allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or 1⁄4 inch of hair growth.
- Schedule your wax 2-3 days before beach and poolside jaunts if you plan to sun bathe.
- Avoid heat. No tanning beds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment.
- Exfoliate! Exfoliating the area gently 48 hours before your appointment will remove the dead skin cells and allow for a cleaner wax. We have some great product recommendations in salon.
- Keep Calm. Come early and have a tea or coffee, read a magazine!
- Be comfy. Wear loose comfortable clothing to prevent irritation after waxing.
Everyone reacts differently to waxing. If this is your first time, it is important to take precaution.
- Heightened sensitivity may be experienced in the area waxed for the next 24-48 hours.
- Avoid heat. No tanning, sun bathing, hot tubs or saunas for 48 hours after your treatment. Since a layer of dead skin cells have been removed, sun and or heat exposure can burn the skin.
- No hot baths or exercising for 48 hours following your treatment.
- Apply a cold compress to sooth the skin if you experience sensitivity or irritation after your treatment. Pure Aloe Vera also reduces the redness and irritation following your treatment.
- Exfoliate daily 48 hours after your treatment. We recommend Folisan aftercare to help prevent ingrown hairs.
If your skin is sensitive, body waxing may result in minor breakouts. Waxing causes the temporary enlargement of the hair follicles that can allow bacteria residing on the skin, to enter the enlarged follicles and cause skin infections. If an infection is noted, it should be evaluated and treated by a doctor as soon as possible. That is why it is important to take proper care of your skin following a wax treatment.
At Aviary Beauty & Hair, all instruments are sanitized and we enforce a strict “no double dipping” policy, meaning that we never dip the same spatula in the wax pot once it has been used.
A patch test is required 48hrs before any waxing appointments, even if you have been waxed before in another salon (we all use different waxes) or if it’s been longer than 1yr since your last wax with us, this is all for your own health & safety which is paramount to us.