Advanced Pulsed Light Precare
• Avoid sun exposure 4-6 weeks before treatment.
• Do NOT apply self-tan or spray tan 4 weeks before treatment.
• Please arrive with no makeup, including mascara or lipstick.
• If you have a history of fever blisters, please notify us, you may require a prescription for prophylactic antiviral therapy to start on the day of treatment to prevent
• You must notify the technician if you have had any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated.
• You must notify your doctor if you are on aspirin, ibuprofen, iron supplementation, anticoagulants, vitamin E, or herbal supplements such as gingko, garlic, or ginseng.
We recommend avoiding these products for two weeks prior to your procedure unless your primary care physician has placed you on them for a medical condition.
• Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and tetracycline should be discontinued three days prior to treatment.
• Stay Hydrated, this helps your skin heal & recover quickly.
• A patch test & consultation is required prior, we ask you allow your hair to ‘grow out’ so we can assess the area thoroughly, we will
answer all your questions on this visit
• Do not consume excessive amounts of alcohol, spicy foods, tea, coffee, chocolate or tabacco before or after the treatment.
• Ensure you apply an SPF daily, we are happy to recommend a product suitable for your skin.
• Avoid Botox/filler for 3 weeks before/after treatment.
Advanced Pulsed Light Aftercare
Do not touch or scratch the treated area.
• Avoid any friction.
• During the first 48 hours after the treatment, apply a calming and antiseptic product to sensitive areas or areas susceptible to infection.
• Avoid greasy and perfumed or alcohol-based products.
• Apply a cold water compress if necessary.
• Avoid hot baths or saunas.
• Avoid UV exposure one month before and one month after a photoepilation treatment and 48 hours before and 72 hours after an electroepilation treatment.
• Apply sunscreen (min. SPF 30) after the treatment.
• After 7 days or when the redness is gone, exfoliate the area and moisturize well.
Recommendations per region
• Face: it is best to refrain from using makeup products for the first 24 hours after the treatment.
• Armpits: avoid anti-sudorific 24 hours before and after the treatment.
• Bikini: wear loose white cotton underwear during the treatment and for the next 48 hours.
Possible skin reactions
• Redness. • Mild tissue edema. (Swelling)• Sensation of warmth and/or slight tingling.
* These effects will disappear within the hours following the treatment.