Hi Aviary Birds,
It all about the fine and thinning hair here! Luckily we know a thing or two about caring for your hair and scalp, so put together a quick guide to help you and added some Kerastase, Morrocanoil, Nioxin and Advanced Nutrition Programme recommendations for you!
A professional recommendation, products and a few diet changes you WILL fall in love all over again!!
So let’s start with the question. . . . . . What is Fine Hair?
Fine Hair describes your hair’s texture, which is classified in terms of width and diameter of the individual strands of hair. A Person with Fine Hair can have high density hair, as a person with thicker hair can have low density.
Here are a few of our top tips:
- Make a few small changes to your diet; incorporate Collagen to improve blood circulation helping to reduce hair thinning. Vitamin B and Biotin known to improve look of hair skin and nail and Magnesium, important for follicle hair growth. These essentials can be found in whole grains, spinach, yoghurt and eggs.
- Invest in some high quality salon brand products that are specifically designed and recommended for your hair type.
- Massage your scalp for 1-2 mins to de-stress and promote blood flow to the scalp and stimulate the follicles.
- Heat, Don’t overdo it! This is one of the easiest ways to damage your hair, limit your use of heat styling tools and be sure to use a heat protectant (230degrees) to avoid damage and split ends.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid of product, there are so many to choose from, Shampoo, Conditioner, Masque, Dry shampoo, Volumising gel, Plumping powder, Scalp serum, Hair oil, Mousse and many more, all designed for fine hair types! Below are some of the products that we would recommend.
Check our range of products for Volume:
What is Thinning Hair?
Thinning Hair refers to moderate hair loss, giving the appearance of thinner areas of hair. Unlike widespread hair loss, thinning hair doesn’t necessarily cause baldness.
So what causes it?
There are many, many reasons why your hair may be thinning or falling, we will lightly touch on a few.
We lose on average 50-100 strands of hair daily. Naturally your hair goes through a life cycle called Anagen (growing phase), Catagen(follicle regresses, growth ends) and Telogen (resting/falling stage) where the new growth pushes out the old hair strand. But what if you noticing more strands than normal falling? There can be hidden causes behind thinning and hair loss that may not be evident at first.
– Hormones- Hyperthyrodism, Hypothyroidism.
– Extreme weight loss.
– Severe illness.
– Over Styling.
– Tight ponytail.
– Over processing ( bleach,lightening,straightening)
– Vitamin deficiency.
– If you are worried about any of the above seek professional advice.
Here are a few tips to help:
- Have an in salon Nioxin Scalp Dermbrasion (facial for your scalp)
- Invest in some high quality salon brand products that are specifically designed and recommended for your hair type or scalp concern.
- Deep cleanse and exfoliate your scalp to remove any excess product, skin or oil that may block follicles.
- Use a stimulating scalp serum to promote hydration, stimulate blood flow and oxygen to hair follicles.
- Massage scalp for 1-2mins to de-stress and stimulate follicle.
- Look after your mental health.
- Nourish your body, supplement your diet and incorporate Collagen to improve blood circulation helping to reduce hair thinning. Vitamin B and Biotin known to improve look of hair skin and nail and Magnesium, important for follicle hair growth. These essentials can be found in whole grains, spinach, yoghurt and eggs.
- Reduce your heat Styling, tension on the scalp and aggressive brushing or backcombing.
- Use Scalp and Hair treatments to topically nourish your hair and scalp.